Yeah it is the Seventh World Bread Day 2012
Here is my effort
Twice baked pizza
Pizza bases are best baked twice, the first time at a high oven temperature is create a crisp browned base. Then it is cooled and then baked with topping at a low temperature suitable to melt and heat the toppings. This method works so well.
I made a heap of roasted vegetables and used them with some Danish cream feta cheese to create my pizza. I love the look of the colourful vegetables.
3 cups of strong bread flour
1 cup of warm water
2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Combine the ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Knead for about 8 minutes.
3 Cover and let double in volume about an hour.
4. Punch down and let rise again about 1/2 hour.
5. Bake in a hot oven for 20 mins until brown and the crust is crisp.
6. Cool to room temperature.
7. When ready to use, top with your favourite toppings.
8. Bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes until toppings are hot and the cheese if using has melted.
Pizza topped with roasted vegetable