Sunday, November 17, 2013

Tribute to Lis

Tribute to Lis
#tributetolis #daringbakers #daringkitchen
This is the most difficult post I have written.

Lis the co-founder of the Daring Kitchen die suddenly a few days ago.

My first challenge (eclairs)

I first joined the Daring Bakers in August 2008 a little in trepidation and in awe of the baking skills shown in the forums. I remember my first challenge I made cherry flavoured eclairs and after I posted the results I received such encouraging and kind comments I was so impressed and inspired to continue improving my skills. The forums were full of people all dedicated to baking and to making a loving community joined together by Lis and Ivonne (the co-founders of the Daring Bakers). Lis was such a inspiring person she was the driving force of the evolution of the Daring Bakers into the Daring Kitchen (consisting of the Daring Bakers and Daring Cooks challenges).

Over the years I got to know Lis very well, her wicked down-to-Earth humour had me in stitches on so many occasions her kind gentle manner and warm soul always shone through she was such an inspiration and a force of nature in the baking world.

When I hear the news of her sudden passing away I was in shock and literally broken hearted. I'm so sad over the news.

To be honest I'm finding this too difficult to write.

Lis was instrumental in my becoming a better baker and cook, her spirit will always be remember and honoured by me. From now on whenever I make pavlova I will think of her since she was intrigued and fascinated by the Australian version.

Here is a link to her obituary 

7 comments:

Andrea Meyers said...

I spent a summer in Australia back in 1992, and I remember the pavlova well. Lisa would have loved it, I'm sure. Lovely tribute to her.

Cher Rockwell said...

We are all going to miss her a lot, aren't we? Such a loss to the community.
Very nice tribute.

Joanne T Ferguson said...

G'day and we lost a lovely person that we all can thanks for being connected worldwide!
It is bittersweet to read all of these wonderful tributes to Lis, shared one and feel glad and sad through each one!
Cheers! Joanne

Julie said...

I like your tribute, and it's been a comfort to read them. I've gotten to the point in my blog where all I post is Daring Bakers projects, and I want to write a tribute, but it's hard.

Carol Anne said...

Audax, I haven't been a Daring Baker for 18 months, and I haven't written my own tribute. I don't know what to say, or how to say it. The days have gone by and by and I haven't said anything at all, but today I am here just to say that your tribute to Lis is so fitting, and so heartfelt, and I know she would love it. You are a huge force in the Daring Kitchen and it is a comfort to many that you will be there to carry on her good work. I'm so sorry for your loss, and for the loss of the blogging and baking world in general.

Evelyn said...

I loved your tribute and I share your sorrow. But please know that your posts are carrying on her tradition of community and sharing the love of baking. We will continue on and hopefully make her proud.
XOXO Evelyn

Unknown said...

vapecigas provides affordable, high-quality vape kits, HUGO VAPOR Kit, Smok Vape Pod and vape accessories. 10% Discount For New Subscribers. Free Shipping On Orders $100+